Saturday, August 7, 2010

Instant Karma from Above

I'm driving back to work after lunch yesterday, when I see a couple walking down the street. They're young and smiling as they stroll down the sidewalk. The sun is shining. They're holding hands, not just holding hands, but swinging their arms in unison with palms pushed together and fingers interlaced. He looks over at her and smiles. I see his mouth move, saying something. The corners of her mouth turn up, as she looks down. If I were close enough, i'm sure I'd see her blush.
"Young love," i groaned mockingly as they shrank in the rear view.
Photobucket
Snuffy Smith, see tongue
I dragged the end of the word love out into an inarticulate blah noise complete with Snuffy Smith style tongue waggle.
As I did so, I heard a flat slap as some disgusting white and green glob of avian refuse connected with my windshield in the center of my eye line and although I can't be for sure, I believe that if that safety glass was not there that bird shit would have splattered across my face and extended tongue. So, i guess I'm trying to learn from that, not to be so bitter, or at least to make sure to do it with my mouth closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment